For dinner tonight I made another one of my most-cooked recipes, chicken pot pie. I have been making it regularly for many years. It’s a great, all-in-one meal that contains carbs, protein and fresh vegetables – no need to make any side dishes!
I used :
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, poached, chopped into bitesize pieces
- the reserved stock in which I cooked the chicken – about 500ml
- 2 finely chopped red onions
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 4 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 courgette, chopped into bitesize pieces
- a few tablespoons of plain flour
- dried thyme, salt and pepper
- 1 batch of Martha Stewart’s pate brisee
- First I made the pie dough. More often than not I use puff pastry when making this recipe but the shop didn’t have any today. I used half of the dough for this dinner and froze the rest for later use. The only change I made was omitting the sugar as this is a savoury dish.
2.I sauteed the carrots, onions, celery and garlic in olive oil for about 5 minutes, until softened.
3. Then I added a few tablespoons of flour and let cook for a few minutes. I poured over the chicken stock, added the meat and courgette cooked for about 10 minutes, until the sauce had thickened.
4. I poured the pie filling into a baking dish, rolled out the dough and covered it.
5. I cooked in a 200C oven for 30 minutes, and let sit for 10 more before I ate some.
Delicious as always, I never get sick of chicken pot pie!