For Monday’s lunch I had one of my go-to sandwich fillings, chicken salad. It is a light yet filling option that leaves me satisfied for hours. I made it on Sunday evening, brought some of it to work in a tupperware and then put it in a toasted wholemeal baguette at lunchtime. Monday morning is easier when you know there is something delicious waiting for you in the fridge!
I used :
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 small apple, grated
- 2 spoonfuls mayonnaise
- 1 spoonful green pesto
- I poached the chicken breasts. I put them in a saucepan, covered with water, brought to a simmer and cooked gently for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken was cooking I prepped the rest of my ingredients.
- When the chicken was done I chopped it into very small pieces, let cool and mixed into the prepared vegetables.
- I brought it to work, put it into a toasted baguette with some fresh rocket leaves.