Tonight I made baked, Mexican sweet potato jackets for dinner. I loosely followed The Happy Pear‘s recipe but I didn’t have some of what they called for and I made them non-vegan by melting cheese on top. They were simple to make, delicious, healthy and will definitely become a regular meal for me. I even have leftovers that I plan on having for breakfast tomorrow with a poached egg and avocado.
I used :
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 bunch of scallions, chopped
- 1/2 a red bell pepper, finely chopped
- about 1 cup of sweetcorn
- 1 tin of black beans
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 dash each of dried chili and coriander
- grated cheese to melt on top
- I baked the sweet potatoes as the original recipe says. I chopped them in half and baked in a 180C oven for about 30 minutes.
- I prepped all the vegetables and seasonings.
- I scooped out the flesh of the sweet potatoes and mixed into the other ingredients.
- I spooned this mixture back into the sweet potato skins, topped with grated cheddar and returned to the oven for another 10 minutes until the cheese had melted.