For dinner tonight I made a quick and easy curry. It was definitely not authentic, I just went for the vegetables that appealed to me and gave a nice balance of colours and textures.
I used :
- 4 minced cloves of garlic
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger, minced
- 2 finely chopped red onions
- 4 chopped carrots
- 2 chopped sweet potatoes
- 1/2 a packet of tempeh, finely sliced
- 4 heads of pak choi
- 3 big spoonfuls of green curry paste
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- brown rice cooked in vegetable stock for added flavour
- First I prepped all my vegetables and put the rice on to cook- no time for chopping once the heat is on!
- I gently sauteed the aromatics in some coconut oil for a few minutes until they were soft.
- I added the curry paste and let it fry in the oil for several minutes, then I added the coconut milk.
- I added all of the veg, except the pak choi, and tempeh and cooked for about 15 minutes.
- I chopped the pak choi and added this right at the end so it would stay crunchy and bright green.
- I spooned some into a bowl with the cooked brown rice.